Posted on August 21, 2013 @3:12 pm by madgett
“On June 4, 2013, the Board of Governors repealed Policies #104 (Responsible Use of Information Technology Facilities and Services) and #106 (Access to and Security of Administrative Information) and replaced them with a new Policy #104 (Acceptable Use and Security of UBC Electronic Information and Systems)…”
So, travelers on the Quest for Knowledge: Fail these log-ins Three, and the Road is closed to thee.No Comments
Posted on August 19, 2013 @3:54 pm by madgett
The engineering/technical ebook site Knovel has moved to a new site. However, there seem to be a couple glitches:
- The old links sometimes are not re-directing to the new site. If this happens, going back a screen and trying again or reloading the page seems to help.
- The new site does not yet work with EZproxy. Thus, no off-campus access (unless users create their own account, which is not a solution we recommend). They hope to sort this out soon. Please be patient.
NOTE: if you try to create an account, you must use a UBC email address with the domain @ubc.ca
We are working with Knovel to get everything sorted ASAP.No Comments
Posted on August 15, 2013 @4:33 pm by madgett
Unfortunately, it seems that the tabs on the Home age freeze up for first-time visitors. We have found that clearing the cache & cookies from the browser and re-loading the page fixes this.No Comments
Posted on July 30, 2013 @11:30 am by madgett
We’re changing the log in process to eliminate the need for users to supply a Group Code during login – a feature many of our users have asked for. This means that every user must have a unique log-in name, such as their email address.
So, what they did was basically change log-in names that were duplicated by other users. How did it work? Well, here is an example RefWorks included in an email:
- Let’s say you have an account named ellen. However, there are two people at other schools in Canada who also have accounts named ellen. Whichever ellen has been accessed the most recently or most frequently will get to keep the name.
- The next most recently/frequently used ellen will have the login name changed to the e-mail address associated on the account. (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Any subsequent accounts named ellen will get prefixed with a unique number identifier. (ex. 1234_ellen )
Make sense? If you are still confused, you can get more information from RefWorks at email@example.com or you can get some home-grown help from the UBC Library RefWorks page.
Posted on July 23, 2013 @9:38 am by madgett
Stay Tuned!No Comments
Posted on July 11, 2013 @4:23 pm by madgett
**WE’RE BACK ONLINE!!**
Yikes! All access to Online Resources seems to be down this morning. This is both on and off campus. We believe it to be an EZproxy problem and are working on it.
Stay Tuned!No Comments
Posted on June 25, 2013 @4:23 pm by madgett
- Harvard University Press ebooks – a collection of almost 400 ebooks for 2011, 2012 & 2013 focusing on arts, history and the social sciences
- SAGE ejournal Upgrade – 20 SAGE archive titles, such as the Canadian journal of occupational therapy and Pacifica
- Oxford ejournal Archive Update – a top-up to our strong Oxford Archive collection, added titles include American Historical Review and Journal of analytical toxicology
- Informa Healthcare Archive – over 200 healthcare and medical ejournals covering historical articles in titles such as CANCER INVESTIGATION and XENOBIOTICA
- SAGE Encyclopedias 2012/2013 Collections – a growing collections of reference works from SAGE Knowledge
- National Geographic Archive – access to both National Geographic Magazine (1888 – 1959) and National Geographic (1959 – 1994)
- International Historical Statistics Online – Statistical data from around the world covering 1750 to 2010
Still to come:
- Several Adam Matthews collections (such as First World War: Propaganda and Recruitment)
- University Press Scholarship Online – a growing collection of ebooks from Oxford University Press, University of California Press, Hong Kong University Press and University of Chicago Press
Posted on June 25, 2013 @11:22 am by corinne2
Access to Factiva has been restored. Please remember to log out as we are limited to 6 consecutive users.
Posted on June 17, 2013 @9:45 am by madgett
clear the cache & cookies from your browser
go to our e-Therapeutics Resource page and click on the “Connect to Resource” button
You will then (if you are off campus) log in through EZproxy.
Please use our Help Form if problems persist.No Comments
Posted on June 11, 2013 @11:49 am by madgett
Over 400 Harvard University Press ebooks (almost all from 2011, 2012 or 2013) are now available via De Gruyter. In a few weeks, you should be able to find these titles within Summon and the UBC Library Catalogue.
For now, feel free to browse the Harvard Titles here. NOTE: Some titles are not yet published and are marked as slated to be published later this year.No Comments