Posted on July 23, 2013 @9:38 am by madgett
Stay Tuned!No Comments
Posted on July 11, 2013 @4:23 pm by madgett
**WE’RE BACK ONLINE!!**
Yikes! All access to Online Resources seems to be down this morning. This is both on and off campus. We believe it to be an EZproxy problem and are working on it.
Stay Tuned!No Comments
Posted on June 25, 2013 @4:23 pm by madgett
- Harvard University Press ebooks – a collection of almost 400 ebooks for 2011, 2012 & 2013 focusing on arts, history and the social sciences
- SAGE ejournal Upgrade – 20 SAGE archive titles, such as the Canadian journal of occupational therapy and Pacifica
- Oxford ejournal Archive Update – a top-up to our strong Oxford Archive collection, added titles include American Historical Review and Journal of analytical toxicology
- Informa Healthcare Archive – over 200 healthcare and medical ejournals covering historical articles in titles such as CANCER INVESTIGATION and XENOBIOTICA
- SAGE Encyclopedias 2012/2013 Collections – a growing collections of reference works from SAGE Knowledge
- National Geographic Archive – access to both National Geographic Magazine (1888 – 1959) and National Geographic (1959 – 1994)
- International Historical Statistics Online – Statistical data from around the world covering 1750 to 2010
Still to come:
- Several Adam Matthews collections (such as First World War: Propaganda and Recruitment)
- University Press Scholarship Online – a growing collection of ebooks from Oxford University Press, University of California Press, Hong Kong University Press and University of Chicago Press
Posted on June 25, 2013 @11:22 am by corinne2
Access to Factiva has been restored. Please remember to log out as we are limited to 6 consecutive users.
Posted on June 17, 2013 @9:45 am by madgett
clear the cache & cookies from your browser
go to our e-Therapeutics Resource page and click on the “Connect to Resource” button
You will then (if you are off campus) log in through EZproxy.
Please use our Help Form if problems persist.No Comments
Posted on June 11, 2013 @11:49 am by madgett
Over 400 Harvard University Press ebooks (almost all from 2011, 2012 or 2013) are now available via De Gruyter. In a few weeks, you should be able to find these titles within Summon and the UBC Library Catalogue.
For now, feel free to browse the Harvard Titles here. NOTE: Some titles are not yet published and are marked as slated to be published later this year.No Comments
Posted on June 4, 2013 @2:02 pm by madgett
*In Wiley Online Library:*
- 1. Perform your search.
- 2. Click the boxes beside the references you wish to export.
- 3. Select *Export Citation* at the top of the search results.
- 4. A new window will open. Using the drop-down menu beside Format, select *Plain Text* and select whether you would like just the Citation or the Citation & Abstract beside Export Type.
- 5. Click *Submit*.
- 6. A new window will open prompting you to save the file to your computer.
*In your RefWorks account:*
- 1. Go to *References ? Import*.
- 2. Select *RIS Format* as your Import Filter/Data Source and *Multiple Databases* as your Database.
- 3. Click *Browse*.
- 4. Find the .txt file you saved to your computer in Step 6 above and upload it.
- 5. Click *Import* to import your references into RefWorks.
Posted on June 4, 2013 @11:20 am by madgett
**UPDATE**Problem Solved. Please clear the cache & cookies from your browser and try the PDF icon at the article level. It should pop-up into a .pdf document now.
For people off campus accessing PDFs of articles from journals on ScienceDirect, you can access the HTML version no problem through EZproxy, but clicking on the PDF icon brings a pop-up window asking for a log-in.
To get past this problem, you can right-click on the PDF and have it open in a new tab.
We are working to solve this problem.No Comments
Posted on April 26, 2013 @5:00 pm by madgett
- Annals of Allergy Asthma & Immunology 1996+
- AORN Journal 1995+
- Healthcare Management Forum 1995+
- Journal of Dairy Science 1995+
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings 1995+
- Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology 2003+
- Seminars in Nephrology 2003+
- Seminars in Oncology 2001+
- Solid State Physics 2001+
You can find these in our ejournal Portal (the A-Z list) starting April 27th. After that date, search by journal title HERE . You should find the articles for these journals in our Summon Discovery service next week.
Posted on April 4, 2013 @10:46 am by madgett
Some titles in the 2012 collection include:
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: An Encyclopedia
- Encyclopedia of Transnational Crime and Justice
- Technology in Schools
- Encyclopedia of Global Warming and Climate Change, Second Edition
All titles should be findable in Summon next week.1 Comment