Posted on June 25, 2013 @11:22 am by corinne2
Access to Factiva has been restored. Please remember to log out as we are limited to 6 consecutive users.
Posted on June 17, 2013 @9:45 am by madgett
clear the cache & cookies from your browser
go to our e-Therapeutics Resource page and click on the “Connect to Resource” button
You will then (if you are off campus) log in through EZproxy.
Please use our Help Form if problems persist.No Comments
Posted on June 11, 2013 @11:49 am by madgett
Over 400 Harvard University Press ebooks (almost all from 2011, 2012 or 2013) are now available via De Gruyter. In a few weeks, you should be able to find these titles within Summon and the UBC Library Catalogue.
For now, feel free to browse the Harvard Titles here. NOTE: Some titles are not yet published and are marked as slated to be published later this year.No Comments
Posted on June 4, 2013 @2:02 pm by madgett
*In Wiley Online Library:*
- 1. Perform your search.
- 2. Click the boxes beside the references you wish to export.
- 3. Select *Export Citation* at the top of the search results.
- 4. A new window will open. Using the drop-down menu beside Format, select *Plain Text* and select whether you would like just the Citation or the Citation & Abstract beside Export Type.
- 5. Click *Submit*.
- 6. A new window will open prompting you to save the file to your computer.
*In your RefWorks account:*
- 1. Go to *References ? Import*.
- 2. Select *RIS Format* as your Import Filter/Data Source and *Multiple Databases* as your Database.
- 3. Click *Browse*.
- 4. Find the .txt file you saved to your computer in Step 6 above and upload it.
- 5. Click *Import* to import your references into RefWorks.
Posted on June 4, 2013 @11:20 am by madgett
**UPDATE**Problem Solved. Please clear the cache & cookies from your browser and try the PDF icon at the article level. It should pop-up into a .pdf document now.
For people off campus accessing PDFs of articles from journals on ScienceDirect, you can access the HTML version no problem through EZproxy, but clicking on the PDF icon brings a pop-up window asking for a log-in.
To get past this problem, you can right-click on the PDF and have it open in a new tab.
We are working to solve this problem.No Comments
Posted on April 26, 2013 @5:00 pm by madgett
- Annals of Allergy Asthma & Immunology 1996+
- AORN Journal 1995+
- Healthcare Management Forum 1995+
- Journal of Dairy Science 1995+
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings 1995+
- Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology 2003+
- Seminars in Nephrology 2003+
- Seminars in Oncology 2001+
- Solid State Physics 2001+
You can find these in our ejournal Portal (the A-Z list) starting April 27th. After that date, search by journal title HERE . You should find the articles for these journals in our Summon Discovery service next week.
Posted on April 4, 2013 @10:46 am by madgett
Some titles in the 2012 collection include:
- Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: An Encyclopedia
- Encyclopedia of Transnational Crime and Justice
- Technology in Schools
- Encyclopedia of Global Warming and Climate Change, Second Edition
All titles should be findable in Summon next week.1 Comment
Posted on April 3, 2013 @9:59 am by madgett
MyiLibrary has set a limit on how fast you can flip pages in order to protect entire ebooks from being downloaded by machine. If you happen to be flipping through an ebook (and you have to be flipping mighty quickly) and see this message pop up:
…please fill in the captcha and prove you are human. One an ebook is locked, it is locked for everyone for 24 hours… and that’s no fun at all!No Comments
Posted on March 13, 2013 @1:47 pm by madgett
Serials Solutions (the providers of our discovery service, Summon) have partnered with ARTstor to allow images to “pop-up” into search results.
In order to see these images, you need to allow your browser to display pop-ups for:
As well, you will have to be on campus or logged into EZproxy to see the images.
After you have configured your browser, look at this Summon search … and then click on an image.No Comments
Posted on March 13, 2013 @1:14 pm by madgett
ENDS Europe covers the latest European environmental news, analyses, interviews, opinion pieces and updates on EU laws, as well as reports on topical issues. Access ENDS Europe here.No Comments