According to Ex Libris, migration successful and all services restored.
On May 29th, our 3rd-party discovery service, Ex Libris, is migrating to new servers. As a result, there will be some interruption to our discovery services for 24 hours (Saturday, May 29 at 18:00 PDT to Sunday, May 30 at 18:00 PDT).
Please be aware of the following during this period:
- Summon will be available for searching (the “General” search box on the Library Homepage)
- Linking to resources through 360 Link (our Citation Linker) will not be available (the page with the big blue “Full Text Online” button)
- Index-Enhanced Direct Linking (IEDL) within Summon will work (links from Summon that go directly to the item and don’t stop at the Citation Linker first)
- The eJournal Portal will not be available (the “Journal Titles” tab on the Library Homepage)
As a result of our Citation Linker being down, there will also be some disruptions to:
- Any linking using the “UBC eLink” icon (Publishers sites, PubMed, Google Scholar, etc.)
- Any ebook records in the Catalogue that link via the Citation Linker
- Lean Library (Library Access Browser Extension) when it tries to find an Alternative source for an ebook or article
- BrowZine in certain situations when it tries to connect through the Citation Linker
- Course Reserves (or anywhere else) where the posted URL used goes to the Citation Linker
Users who try to use the Citation Linker or the eJournal Portal will see a message from Ex Libris explaining that the service is unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.
Please report any problems through our Help Form: