Our Google Scholar resource page (with instructions) is HERE (Google Scholar).
Basically, the steps are:
- Go to Google Scholar and log in, if you have a Gmail account. However, an account is not necessary.
- Under the upper left “hamburger menu” (three horizontal bars), click on “Settings“
- Click on “Library Links” and search for UBC Library (if you have a Gmail account, Google might remember your settings)
- Tick the boxes and SAVE
- Do your search. When the results come up, you will see UBC eLink to the right. Click on that for the result you are interested in
- This will take you to our Citation Linker page. Click on the blue button for Full Text and at that point you will be asked to log into EZproxy
If you run into any problems, please contact us via our Help Form including any error messages or screenshots that might be helpful.
REMEMBER: Google Scholar does not index (capture) all the resources available from UBC Library. Please use our discovery tool Summon (also from the General tab on the Library Homepage) –and– contact a Subject Librarian to make sure you are finding all available resources.