On the heels of University of Toronto Press pulling ebooks from the Canadian Publishers Collection on ebrary, three other university presses are pulling their ebooks:
- McGill-Queen’s University Press
- Wilfred Laurie University Press
- University of British Columbia Press
The above publishers’ titles will be pulled in mid-March. The Catalogue and Summon will be updated then, but there may be some lag time with access lost before records are pulled.
The Canadian Publishers Collection is a “subscribed” collection, meaning we have not purchased the titles –only arranged for access. Any ebooks that we have purchased on ebrary will remain on ebrary.
But how can you tell a “Purchased” title from a “Subscribed” title on the ebrary site:
- on the ebrary site, go to the Advanced search screen
- set the first search box to Search in Title and add a known ebrary ebook title
- add a second search box to Search in Collection and pick “purchased titles” from the drop-down
- click the “Search ebrary” button
If you get the result “Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any results. Please try a new search above”, we have not purchased the title. If in step #3 above you change “purchased titles” to “subscribed titles” and search again, you should now get a result showing.
A cumbersome process, we know, but we hope it will become more streamlined and easier to identify purchased/subscribed titles down the road. Contact us if you have any questions.